April 18, 2017
Balance D Essential - Discontinued
Balance D contains ingredients important for the synthesis of dopamine, a catecholamine important for positive affect, mood, and memory*
Key Ingredients in Balance D:
- Precursor to L-cysteine1
- L-cysteine is required for the synthesis of glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant important for mediating oxidative stress2
- L-tyrosine is a precursor to catecholamines including dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine
- Mucuna cochinchinensis seed extract (99% L-DOPA):
- Natural source of L-DOPA3
- L-DOPA crosses the blood-brain barrier and is the direct precursor to dopamine4*
- Vitamin Blend:
- Active forms of vitamins B6, C, and folate are important for catecholamine synthesis5-7*
Get connected with Balance D
- Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
- Schmitt B, et al. Redox Biol. 2015;6:198-205.
- Tuleun C, et al. Livestock Research for Rural Development. 2008;20(10).
- Pardridge W. NeuroRx. 2005:2(1):3-14.
- Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
- Levine M, et al. J Biol chem. 1985;260(24):12942-7.
- Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.